Get in touch
Important information for visitors
- Our Alpacas typically have a good temperament however be mindful that they are wild animals and their behaviour cannot be guaranteed. The Top Knot Alpaca team will therefore provide a safety briefing at the start of any visit, please ensure everyone in your party listens to this and abides by any instructions given then or throughout the visit. Anyone deliberately not adhering to the information provided may be asked to leave without compensation.
- Your experience will take place on a working farm so please act responsibly at all times, adhere to all signs and do not roam into areas not designated for your visit. Please pay attention when walking around and ensure you look out for trip and slip hazards, for example areas of wet mud/grass, rabbit holes, feeding troughs and many more.
- Hand washing facilities are provided. Those who accompany children have a responsibility to ensure that adequate hand washing takes place.
- You will be interacting closely with the Alpacas during your visit so it is important that you wear appropriate footwear. No sandals, high heels or flip-flops, please. In the event that the weather has been wet, walking boots or wellington boots are recommended but not essential.
- For your safety you must wash hands thoroughly after interacting with the animals, hand washing facilities are provided.
- You will be outside for your visit so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Due to the presence of young livestock, no dogs, please.
- All children (under 12) must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18 years +)
- Taking photographs during your visit is encouraged. Please respect others' privacy though, especially when sharing on social media.
- In the event of bad weather you may reschedule your visit to another day, 24hr notice of cancellation is appreciated.
- With at least 72 hours notification prior to your booking date, you or Top Knot Alpacas may reschedule your visit. If it is not possible to rebook your visit then a refund will be provided.
- Within 72 hours of your visit Top Knot Alpacas reserves the discretionary rights to a refund.
- To ensure timely communication of any changes, Top Knot Alpacas will request a contact number and email address. It is your responsibility to check prior to arrival that there are no messages and Top Knot Alpacas does not take responsibility for missed messages.