Have a Top Knot Alpaca Experience in Whitstable
Hanging out with Alpacas will always be a memorable experience, but Top Knot Alpacas work hard to make it unforgettable. Whether you want to just spend time, chill and enjoy an Alpaca hum away from the humdrum, or want to have a picnic surrounded by peaceful and gentle animals, we’ll make sure your experience is Al-Paca’d with memories.
Meet and Greet Feeding
Your visit will be a full hands-on experience that lasts about an hour. After an important health and safety briefing from the Top Knot Alpaca team, you’ll enter the paddock and be provided with your feeding bowl with food. The Top Knot herd will eagerly greet you and welcome the tasty treats you have to offer them. We do not restrict the food, you can hand-feed them with unlimited food bowls (or at least until they are full).
Our Meet and Greet Feeding sessions provide plenty of opportunities to touch these amazing animals and see how soft their fleece is, you will also learn lots about Alpacas, where they come from, and how to safely handle them. There are plenty of opportunities to take selfies with your favourite new furry friends against the fabulous background of Graveney Marshes, Whitstable and the Sea.
The meet and greet typically includes our babies (Crias) and teenagers so is guaranteed to steal your heart. You may even want to go home with one (after all, that’s how we ended up with a herd of Alpacas).
Disabled access and seating are provided so you can take your time, sit and soak up the whole atmosphere/experience.
The experience takes about an hour.
- £10 per adult (13+)
- £5 per child (4 -13)
- £50 for a private meet and greet session (max 4 people)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us or use the contact form to arrange your visit. Tell us the number of adults and children along with any special needs you may have and we will be in touch with you ASAP to book and agree a time.
Why not join the Top Knot Alpaca herd for a lunch break with a difference or a fun family picnic in our luxurious Al-pac-a Picnic Tiki Hut?
Well positioned within the Alpaca paddock and overlooking the Graveney marshes, the Al-Pac-a Picnic Tiki Hut has sumptuous cushions for maximum seating comfort and canvas sides to keep the wind out. It easily seats 6 people and for larger groups a traditional picnic table can be provided.
For 2 hours at £15 per person (minimum charge of £60) you will have free and exclusive use of the Al-pac-a Picnic Tiki hut within the Alpaca paddock.
Bring your own picnic or, if you prefer, we’ll Al-Pac-a-Picnic for you (additional charge applied). Being so close to Whitstable and Faversham provides many options from a variety of local businesses so you can have anything from traditional fish and chips to a boxed picnic hamper. Pre-orders are required 72 hours ahead of the booking time.
The Alpacas are free-roaming during your visit and due to their social nature may well join you right at your table. They’ll just happily graze around you while you eat. Call it a lunch date with some beautifully furry friends. Alpaca food will be provided, so your lunch should be safe!
Paca-Wellness (Pilates and Yoga Nidra)
Wellness and well-being are so important to us all, especially in the challenging times we face. Take some time out of your busy schedule and beat the stresses of your week with a relaxing Paca-Pilates or Yoga Nidra session.
Run by the amazing Caroline Lyons (Ollogii Therapies), our Paca-Welness sessions combine the health benefits of Pilates or Yoga Nidra with the tranquillity of the Alpaca farm. Lose yourself in the sound of nature, the birds in the trees and the gentle humming of the Alpacas.
Conducted in or alongside the Alpaca paddock we start with the Paca-Wellness session, then relax with tea and biscuits followed by a feeding session with the Alpacas. Set just outside the hustle and bustle of Whitstable and Faversham, these sessions are a must-have for anyone seeking a moment of inner calm and stress reduction.
If you’re looking for an event with a difference, why not think about Top Knot Alpacas? Our marquee is positioned alongside the Alpaca paddocks and provides a great venue for any celebration from kids' parties to Ruby anniversary parties.
The marquee can comfortably accommodate 30 guests (seated) with additional outdoor seating available (weather permitting) and we have ample parking (including disabled). Combine the venue hire with a feeding experience and really spoil your guests.
Educational visits from schools and scouts/brownies are also welcomed. Please contact for more information.
Important information for visitors
- Our Alpacas typically have a good temperament however be mindful that they are wild animals and their behaviour cannot be guaranteed. The Top Knot Alpaca team will therefore provide a safety briefing at the start of any visit, please ensure everyone in your party listens to this and abides by any instructions given then or throughout the visit. Anyone deliberately not adhering to the information provided may be asked to leave without compensation.
- Your experience will take place on a working farm so please act responsibly at all times, adhere to all signs and do not roam into areas not designated for your visit. Please pay attention when walking around and ensure you look out for trip and slip hazards, for example areas of wet mud/grass, rabbit holes, feeding troughs and many more.
- Hand washing facilities are provided. Those who accompany children have a responsibility to ensure that adequate hand washing takes place.
- You will be interacting closely with the Alpacas during your visit so it is important that you wear appropriate footwear. No sandals, high heels or flip-flops, please. In the event that the weather has been wet, walking boots or wellington boots are recommended but not essential.
- For your safety you must wash hands thoroughly after interacting with the animals, hand washing facilities are provided.
- You will be outside for your visit so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Due to the presence of young livestock, no dogs, please.
- All children (under 12) must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18 years +)
- Taking photographs during your visit is encouraged. Please respect others' privacy though, especially when sharing on social media.
- In the event of bad weather you may reschedule your visit to another day, 24hr notice of cancellation is appreciated.
- With at least 72 hours notification prior to your booking date, you or Top Knot Alpacas may reschedule your visit. If it is not possible to rebook your visit then a refund will be provided.
- Within 72 hours of your visit Top Knot Alpacas reserves the discretionary rights to a refund.
- To ensure timely communication of any changes, Top Knot Alpacas will request a contact number and email address. It is your responsibility to check prior to arrival that there are no messages and Top Knot Alpacas does not take responsibility for missed messages.